And Furthermore …Posted: June 2, 2012
“Every tortured heart and oppressed soul begs for us to shine, to bring them our freedom, our liberty…”
Some further aimless woolgathering:
So you might think that the recent endless wars are perhaps not justified. If only we could bask again in the endless wars of 70 years past, quaffing some serious tonic of moral adventure.
Here’s some points:
1. Every war impoverishes both “sides”.
2. No occupation ever lasted.
3. No President can resist using a standing army.
4. Without police and soldiers, it’d be a hell of a lot easier to say “fuck you” to politicians and their endless laws.
5. Government is a codified belief system, no different, in principle, than Catholicism or Mormonism. It matters not whether your kid is groped by the TSA or by a Bishop.
Posted by Dave